SLPRB Assam Sub Inspector of Police (UB) 2023: The Government of Assam has invited online application form from the eligible candidate from 15th October 2023 for 144 posts of SI in Assam Police. The total number of 5563 vacancies are going to be filled up in the current phase of recruitment in the Assam Police, DGCD, APRO etc. (see vacancy details ). The Assam Sub-Inspector Recruitment 2023, eligibility, apply last date, along with the direct link of SI Application form is available below.
Assam Sub Inspector Recruitment 2023
The official notification has been released by State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB) on 6th October 2023. According to the notification, the online application process will start from 15th October and continue until 1st November 2023. Therefore, the candidates waiting for the great opportunity must check the eligibility criteria and fill online form before the last date. The detail procedures of selection process along with the exam pattern are discussed below. Also check important date of SI Recruitment 2023.
|Name of Post||Sub-Inspector of Police|
|Name of department||SLPRB|
|Application starts||15th October 2023|
|Application ends||1st November 2023|
- Application Period: Applications will be accepted online from October 15, 2023, to November 1, 2023.
- Pay Scale: Selected individual will be placed in the Pay Scale of Rs. 14,000 – 60,500/- (Pay Band No. 2) with a Grade Pay of Rs. 8,700/-, along with other admissible allowances.
Sub-Inspector Vacancy Breakdown
|Category wise||Number of Post|
|OBC / MOBC||38|
Note: Read the official notification before apply online carefully. According to the advertisement, 30% of the vacancies in each category are reserved for women. Additionally, 3% of the total posts within the OBC/MOBC quota will be reserved for applicants belonging to the Tea Tribes and Adivasi Communities, as per the government’s notification.
SI Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Assam SI recruitment, candidates must meet the following criteria-
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens and permanent residents of Assam.
- Employment Exchange: Candidates must register his/her name with a local Employment Exchange in Assam
- Age: Age of applicants should be between 20 and 26 years of age as of January 1, 2023. Age relaxations are applicable for candidates belonging to SC, ST (P), ST (H), and OBC/MOBC categories.
- Education Qualification: Aspirants must hold a graduate degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, or an equivalent stream from a recognized college or institution affiliated with a recognized university.
- Language Proficiency: Applicants must be fluent in Assamese or any other state language.
Sub Inspector Recruitment: Selection Procedure
The selection process consists of several stages, including a written test, physical standard test, physical efficiency test, and an oral/viva-voce interview. The final merit list will be prepared based on the total marks scored in these stages.
1. Written Test (100 marks)
- There will be 100 questions of 100 marks.
- All questions are Multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- There will be negative marking of ½ mark for each incorrect answer.
- Questions paper will be in English/Assamese/ Bodo/ Bengali language.
- Applicants need to use only black /blue pen in order to answer the paper.
- Questions are asked in 3 different sections such as (a) Logical reasoning, Aptitude, English Comprehension (ii) Matters relating to History and Culture of Assam and India and (iii) General Knowledge.
2. Physical Efficiency Test:- 40 Marks
- The Physical Efficiency Test will carry 40 marks.
- 1600 meters race for Male Candidates and 800 meters race for Female Candidates.
- Long Jump – for Male 335 cm (minimum) and for Female 244 cm (minimum), 3 chances (longest valid jump will be considered).
3. NCC: 5 Marks
3. Viva /Interview : 5 Marks
Final Merit List,
Thus, the final merit list of the selected candidates will be based on the following stages. Each stage along with the marks are given in the following table.
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET)||40|
|NCC – 5 marks||5|
Thus, the total of 150 marks in the recruitment process. There will be only ONE merit list for each category as per vacancies.
Selection list will be prepared for the exact number of vacancies to be filled up.
How to Apply for Assam Sub Inspector of Police Application form?
- Visit the official website of slprb https://slprbassam.in/
- Register in the portal by clicking on registration link with your valid mobile number and other basic details.
- After successful registration you will get a Recruitment ID.
- Login with your recruitment ID and password.
- And fill the application form carefully.
- Upload all the necessary document along with Passport size photograph and signature.
- Check again and submit your application form and download acknowledgement copy for future purpose.
- Remember your recruitment ID, which is needed during admit card download.
Documents needed for SI Application Form
Make sure that all the necessary documents along with required size photograph and signature is ready during online application form.
Here is the list of documents:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Certificate of proof of age. (Admit Card or Certificate of H.S.L.C.
- Pass Certificate of Graduation (BA / B. Sc / B.Com or equivalent examination).
- Mark sheet of BA / B. Sc / B.Com or its equivalent examination.
- Employment Exchange Registration Card.
- Certificate of Caste from Competent Authority in Assam.
- NCC Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any (for which the applicants would be claiming weightage marks).